Thursday, February 23, 2012

In any normal circumstance, I would never condone violence, or even on a much larger scale, murder. However, in the case of Akku Yadav and the women of Kasturba Nagar, I feel as though the actions that the women took in order to eradicate constant fear and torture that Yadav had them in for so long. When the system that is put in place to help protect you fails, I believe that you should take it into your own hands. If the women didn't murder Yadav, the violence, killings, and fear would never leave the little village. That's not to say that I condone murder. I just feel that everyone should have equal protection from abuse and rape, and when the established justice system that can protect the innocent doesn't, then I can't place moral blame on those that take their fates into their own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment